The Manjaro development team has just announced the release of Manjaro ARM 21.04. Currently we have download images for: RockPro64, Pinebook and the Pinebook Pro.
New application for flashing images
Manjaro developers have prepared a new GUI application to make it easier for users to flash Manjaro ARM image to SD card or eMMC card.
manjaro-arm-flasher and launch the app “Manjaro ARM Flasher” from your menu. This will download and flash the image of your choice.
You can also manually run the application (if you are not running Manjaro ARM) by downloading this python script, make it executable with
chmod +x manjaro-arm-flasher and then run it with
sudo ./manjaro-arm-flasher. It requires
python-blkinfo 0.1.3 to be installed, which can be installed with
pip install blkinfo.
First Time setup
This release sports the First Time setup for all images, also via SSH. This means that at first boot, you will be asked about the following:
- keyboard layout (except on pinebook, that is fixed to us layout)
- additional user groups (optional)
- full name
- password for that username
- password for root
Then the setup script will set these settings and reboot to the login screen.
- New packages from upstream and Manjaro ARM.
- XFCE 4.16
- KDE Plasma 5.21
- The Pinebook Pro got DP altmode support back, thanks to Ayufan for putting together working hacky patches for that.
- Now uses Plymouth as default splash.
- Pinebook Pro