Manjaro ARM developers announced the tenth BETA for PinePhone with Phosh. This image runs on the 5.12 kernel from Megi which targets PinePhone.
- Firefox uses a dedicated configuration and plays videos on Youtube pretty well
- Camera app with access to back and front camera, including autofocus
- Auto-Rotate function we had to remove
- Welcome wizard for easy setup of the device
- We have now a working Torch in the quick-access-menu
- Prime phone functions working, including resume from deep-sleep and free speaking
- Recording of audio works
- Most applications got added to
- Haptic feedback functions are given
- Optimized keyboard layout for terminal
- Maps working with geolocate
- Volume buttons working
- Sensors fully functional
- Easy access to Bluetooth, Wlan, Rotate and Mobile functions via quick settings
- Default branch is
arm-stable. This can be changed by editing
- usage of callaudiod for better audio experience with calls
- This image uses a Crust enabled uboot
- we use now 5.12.3 4 kernel series with patches by Megi
- Phosh gained media-control on lockscreen
- Mesa is now at 21.1.0
- Systemd got updated to 248.2
- we are using now Pipewire
- more Gnome 40.1 updates
A detailed list of package changes can be found here 3.
- Mic-Mute function in calls not working
- GPS may not work as it should
- it may take longer to wake up from deep-sleep mode when a call is incoming. Most of the time that call will vibrate only.
- UI becomes unresponsive after a while.
- Lots of apps are still missing or are not mobile friendly yet.
Pinephones Beta Edition are still on stock. Visit the Pine64 Store 3
How to install:
Download the image/xz file from the download location. Verify that the download completed successfully.
After that, install Etcher (
sudo pacman -S etcher if on Manjaro) and burn the to an SD card (8 GB or larger).
The PinePhone should recognize the SD card as a bootable device and boot from it.
The premade users are:
Please consider supporting Manjaro ARM directly via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Open Collective.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter