The Manjaro ARM project is proud to announce nineth BETA release for the PinePhone running Phosh!
This image is running the 5.12 kernel from Megi, which is designed for the PinePhone.
- Firefox uses a dedicated configuration and plays videos on Youtube pretty well
- Camera app with access to back and front camera, including autofocus
- Auto-Rotate function we had to remove
- Welcome wizard for easy setup of the device
- We have now a working Torch in the quick-access-menu
- Prime phone functions working, including resume from deep-sleep and free speaking
- Recording of audio works
- Most applications got added to
- Haptic feedback functions are given
- Optimized keyboard layout for terminal
- Maps working with geolocate
- Volume buttons working
- Sensors fully functional
- Easy access to Bluetooth, Wlan, Rotate and Mobile functions via quick settings
- Default branch is
arm-stable. This can be changed by editing
- usage of callaudiod for better audio experience with calls
- This image uses a Crust enabled uboot
Changes since Beta8
- they use now 5.12.2 kernel series with patches by Megi. This extends also battery-life once again
- uboot got updated to support 5.12 kernel
- Megapixels is now at v1.0.1
- Siglo is at 0.7.0 1
- fixes to atinout
- updates to callaudiod, calls, chatty, phosh
- feedbackd supports more fine theme adjustments
- pipewire updates
- mesa updated to 21.0.3
- Pamac 10.1 1 is now mobile ready
- they switched to Qt5 with KDE patches
- eg25-manager got enhanced gps management
- more Gnome 40.1 updates including Shell 40.1 and Mutter 40.1
A detailed list of package changes can be found here 3.
- Mic-Mute function in calls not working
- GPS may not work as it should
- it may take longer to wake up from deep-sleep mode when a call is incoming. Most of the time that call will vibrate only.
- UI becomes unresponsive after a while.
- Lots of apps are still missing or are not mobile friendly yet.