Pretty big Manjaro update. Linux 5.12 released, KDE has stuff going on. Gnome got a point release.
We even updated the uboots for most of the AMLogic boards.
- Most of kernels got updated
- Firefox updated to 88.0.1
- Thunderbird updated to 78.10.1
- LibreOffice updated to 7.1.3
- KDE Gear Applications updated to 21.04
- Also Gnome 40.1 is available
- Vivaldi got updated to 3.8
- Lots of updated packages for our Mobile offerings
- The regular Python updates
- And regular updates from upstream
(Sun May 9 16:11:47 CEST 2021)
- arm-stable community aarch64: 634 new and 621 removed package(s)
- arm-stable core aarch64: 37 new and 35 removed package(s)
- arm-stable extra aarch64: 892 new and 884 removed package(s)
- arm-stable kde-unstable aarch64: 397 new and 396 removed package(s)
See all the package changes here 11!
Testers needed on arm-testing branch
Manjaro developers need testers for arm-testing and arm-unstable branches.
So if you are adventurous and want newer software quicker, we would love for you to help us test out the new packages in arm-testing branch.
All you have to do to switch to this branch is:
- Run this command to switch branch:
sudo pacman-mirrors -aS testing && sudo pacman -Syyu. This will generate a new mirrorlist for you, sync your databases with the new mirror and update your system using the arm-testing branch.
Download Manjaro ARM for Pinebook Pro:
Manjaro ARM KDE Plasma, MATE, XFCE, i3, Minimal (official images) can be downloaded here: https://manjaro.org/download/#pinebook-pro
Manjaro ARM GNOME (Community Edition) can be downloaded here: https://github.com/manjaro-arm-community/gnome-images/releases