Manjaro ARM developers announced the twelfth BETA for PinePhone with Phosh. This image runs on the 5.12 kernel from Megi which targets PinePhone.
- Firefox uses a dedicated configuration and plays videos on Youtube pretty well
- Camera app with access to back and front camera, including autofocus
- Auto-Rotate function and manual rotate
- Welcome wizard for easy setup of the device
- We have now a working Torch in the quick-access-menu
- Prime phone functions working, including resume from deep-sleep and free speaking
- Recording of audio works
- Most applications got added to
- Haptic feedback functions are given
- Optimized keyboard layout for terminal
- Maps working with geolocate
- Volume buttons working
- Sensors fully functional
- Easy access to Bluetooth, Wlan, Rotate and Mobile functions via quick settings
- Default branch is
arm-stable. This can be changed by editing
- usage of callaudiod for better audio experience with calls
- This image uses a Crust enabled uboot
Changes since Beta11
- Pipewire got updated to 0.3.31 1
- We added Confy to the profile
- Most of the Gnome packages got updated to 40.2
- libinput ins now at 1.18.0
- libxcrypt got renewed to 4.4.22. See also this issue if you miss to change your password and land on a terminal after rebooting your phone!
- We updated modemmanager to 1.16.6 3
- siglo is now at 0.8.4
- We use now upstream uboot 2021.04 with needed patches
- Fixed pacman keyring gpg-keys issue 1. This also includes the fix for dropping to terminal on first
- Calls is now at 0.3.4 1
- More fixes to eg25-manager
- libxcrypt got updated to 4.4.22. You’re phone won’t boot unless you have changed your password. This image already switched password-hashes
- Kernel is now at 5.12.13
- Mesa got updated to 21.1.3
- Pacman got updated to 6.0
- Pamac got updated to support latest pacman version
- Bluez is now at 5.59
- Chatty is bumped to 0.3.2 1
- eg25-manager got some fixes
- Firefox is at 89.0.2
- Mesa is at 21.1.3
- Phoc is at 0.7.1 1
- Phosh got updated to 0.12.0 4. Use the drop-down box to display also non-adaptive apps!
- Some additional fixes to Squeekboard
- regular package updates
A detailed list of package changes can be found here
- GPS may not work as it should
- it may take longer to wake up from deep-sleep mode when a call is incoming. Most of the time that call will vibrate only.
- UI becomes unresponsive after a while.
- Lots of apps are still missing or are not mobile friendly yet.
Pinephones Beta Edition are still on stock. Visit the Pine64 Store
How to install:
Download the image/xz file from the download location. Verify that the download completed successfully.
After that, install Etcher (
sudo pacman -S etcher if on Manjaro) and burn the to an SD card (8 GB or larger).
The PinePhone should recognize the SD card as a bootable device and boot from it.
The premade users are: